Spend this summer in the beautiful Pocono Mountains of Northeastern Pennsylvania and be part of a team that makes a difference in a child's life!
Welcome to Camps Equinunk and Blue Ridge. Since 1920, our traditional summer camps have been at the forefront of resident camping and have served as a summer home to hundreds of campers, staff, and alumni. We are passionate about the camping experience and value the history and traditions that continue to shape us. Equinunk and Blue Ridge campus sits on 400+ magnificent acres of fields and wooded trails and is divided by our 75-acre private spring-fed lake.
Check out our stunning facilities in our 360 tour: https://www.cecbr.com/virtual-tour/
About Camps Equinunk & Blue Ridge
Spending a summer living onsite at camp is much more than just a summer job!!!
The core of Camps Equinunk and Blue Ridge is in the human relationships we make through our WIN philosophy - Wholesome, Inclusive and Nurturing. Camp is an experience that brings everyone together in the most unique ways, we learn to make genuine connections within our camp community. Join us and experience an amazing summer of personal and professional growth while sharing your skills with other staff and campers.
Is this is job for you?
We are interested in finding a highly skilled and dedicated professional chef who is responsible for preparing meals according to individualized camper and staff dietary needs three meals per day from conception to execution. Candidate must be able to live well in a community that is geared toward children and want to play a key role in providing support and guidance to our culinary team. You will work in tandem with the head chef, dietary needs supervisor and a kitchen & dining room team of 20 people.
*Housing provided on campus*
- Responsible for preparing specialized meals for campers and staff based on food allergies or dietary restrictions. Such as Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Vegetarian, Soy Free, Kosher, Peanut, Tree-nut and Sesame Free
- Cook and present 2 meals a week at staff evening activity not limited outside BBQs
- Confer with Dietary Needs Director to determine meal prep, ingredients and menus for each meal according to restrictions
- Follow recipes and inspect meal ingredients to ensure they are correct for the allergy meal you are producing
- Maintain sanitation procedures, cross contamination and organization of work area adhering to all Health Department regulations
- Maintain food storage, receiving, rotating & stocking as per levels dictate
- Appropriately label each item for each meal according to allergens
- Prepare all food items as directed in a sanitary and timely manner
- Operate standard kitchen equipment safely and efficiently
- Work efficiently with a student assistant food service team member