The Arts & Crafts Specialist is responsible for the development and delivery of an engaging Arts and Crafts program that is appropriate to campers’ age and abilities and compliments Camp Krem’s philosophies, goals and programs. They will assist in the management and organization of the Arts & Crafts building and related equipment and supplies.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Develop and deliver an Arts and Crafts program appropriate for our campers, considering their age, abilities and camp themes.
• Design and implement daily arts and crafts projects that are varied, enjoyable and engaging for our campers.
• Evaluate abilities of campers and adapt activities accordingly.
• Encourage campers’ self-expression through arts and crafts.
• Design and deliver arts and crafts activities that make use of different art mediums, make use of the camp’s natural environment, and use the art resources most efficiently.
• Evaluate the success of the Arts & Crafts program
2. Ensure that camp staff and campers know and follow safety and educational procedures
• Assist in the implementation of staff training for arts and crafts.
• Train other staff in their responsibilities in the arts and crafts area.
• Ensure campers and staff follow safety procedures.
3. Assist in the management and care of the physical facilities and equipment in the arts and crafts program area.
• Maintain the arts and crafts equipment.
• Ensure the security of the arts and crafts equipment and supplies, including clear inventory and planning for replacement of supplies in a timely manner.
• Conduct a daily check of the area and equipment for safety, cleanliness, and good repair.
• Clean arts and crafts area, keeping it free of hazards and debris.
• Maintain organization and cleanliness of costume closet and costumes.
4. Keep inventory of supplies and order necessary supplies in keeping with assigned budget.
Other Job Duties:
• Participate enthusiastically in all camp activities, planning and leading those as assigned
• Participate as a member of the programming team to deliver and supervise daily activities, evening programs, special events, and other all-camp activities and camp functions.
• Assist in the planning of any special events especially in the area of art, crafts and decoration.
• Assist with various other administrative duties as assigned by Directors.
• Ensure the safe storage of supplies and equipment throughout and at the end of the season. • Communicate and interact effectively with fellow staff members, administrative staff and campers, regardless of ability, race, creed, national origin, sexual identification or gender.
• Abide by all camp policies and procedures
• Complete and submit all paperwork as required within designated time frame.