Assistant Camp Director of Units: Girl Scouts of Utah
Make a difference in the lives of girls and spend an unforgettable summer in the Wasatch Mountains! The Girls Scouts of Utah are seeking adventurous, fun loving, creative and empathetic staff for the upcoming 2020 season at Trefoil Ranch, one of our American Camp Association accredited camps.
Trefoil Ranch is located on 123 acres of beautiful ranch country tucked away in Provo Canyon. Trefoil Ranch features a lodge, ranch house, bunk house, showers, electricity, hot water and flush toilets. Trefoil Ranch is home to about 20 horses, offering unique opportunities to experience equestrian programs. Girls live in cabins or platform tents with staff located nearby. Girls can enjoy horseback riding instruction, high and low ropes courses, archery, biking, hiking, and other camp activities.
- As a member of the camp Leadership Team, assist the Camp Director in the development, implementation, evaluation, and administration of the council's program for resident camp.
- Supervise and evaluate unit staff.
- Participate in general camp program and operations.
- Understand and implement safety guidelines and standards as outlined by Girl Scouts of the USA, the American Camp Association, and any state and local codes.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Job duties may be subject to change pursuant to the activities of the camp, camp needs, and the organization as a whole.
- Resident camp experience preferred.
- Hold current Red Cross First Aid and CPR certifications, or the equivalent.
- Hold a current Utah Food Handler's Permit.
- Possess good organizational, leadership, and teaching skills:
- Ability to follow direction from Team Leaders, adhere to policies, and follow camp procedures.
- Ability to communicate and work with groups of girls ages 6-17, and provide necessary verbal instruction to campers.
- Ability to observe camper behavior, assess its appropriateness, enforce appropriate safety regulations, and apply appropriate behavior management techniques.
- Ability to respond in a crisis situation.
For more information, visit our website:
Work at Camp
Do you want to make coffee, or do you want to make a difference?
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.