As a Federal Contractor, SOAR365 requires new hires to show proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID 19 or have an acceptable accommodation before their date of hire per Executive Order 14042.
We are looking for a reliable individual to join our team at SOAR365. This is a great opportunity for a motivated and hardworking person that truly takes pride in their work. If you feel that you are the right one for the job and meet the qualifications, please apply today. We look forward to meeting you!
A little about us:
We are SOAR365! Our programs and services have always been designed for individuals and families who are coping with the daily real-world challenges of living with a disability. To that end, we've continually added more ambitious and thoughtful programs over the past 65 years. And, today our services have a profound impact on more than 1,300 people and their families.
A Day in the Life of:
As a member of our Summer Camp team, you will provide supervision and instruction to campers enrolled in the summer camp or other seasonal camp programs at SOAR365. You will be responsible for assisting campers with activities of daily living, including but not limited to toileting and other personal care, eating, dressing, bathing, and ambulation/mobility. Your people skills will come in handy and will help you to maintain fantastic professional relationships with your fellow team members and those that we serve.
You will come to know the great people that make us who we are as a business and who keep our reputation alive. You will be a part of something great here at SOAR365 and you will enjoy what you do and with whom you do it.
Benefits: We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards for our seasonal employees: 403b retirement plan (employee contributions only), Verizon Wireless discount, workers' compensation, free room and board
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provides supervision and assistance to campers during program activities, ensures each camper is provided with the opportunity to be involved in activities, and is actively involved with campers and activities.
- Serves as cabin watch (overnight duty) according to assigned schedule.
- Completes required camper-related documentation, including but not limited to Behavioral Report, Camper Information Sheet, Incident/Accident Report, Inventory Forms and Body Check/Hygiene Record.
- Attends all required staff meetings and training sessions, including a staff orientation program prior to the start of camp.
- Assists with camper laundry and camp clean up.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- A minimum of 1-2 years of college preferred but not required.
- Experience in the areas of special education, psychology, recreation, therapy preferred.
- Experience working with individuals with disabilities preferred but not required.
- Ability to implement and support activities per lesson plans and Activity Leader direction.
- Ability to lead small and large groups of campers.
- Knowledge of programs/activities in camp environment preferred.
To apply for this position, a completed SOAR365 application is required.
EO/AA Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
If you need reasonable accommodation when you apply for a position on our website, please contact us at (804) 358-1874 and ask for human resources.
SOAR365 employees benefit from working for a rehabilitative non-profit agency that specializes in providing employment opportunities for people with disabilities.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.