UCLA UniCamp is a nonprofit summer camp for youth (10-17 years old) from underserved communities in the Greater Los Angeles area.
Join us at camp in the San Bernardino National Forest as our camp medic (RN, NP, MD, or similar).
Job responsibilities include:
- Performing and documenting basic first aid for campers and volunteers as needed
- Distributing and documenting medications (with written instructions from a prescriber)
- Determining if a higher level of care is needed for any medical issue
- Managing the Health Center including notifying the Camp Director of any needed medical supplies
- Working with the Camp Director to implement COVID-19 mitigations based on guidance from the local Department of Public Health (including daily health screenings, coordinating quarantine/isolation, and administering COVID-19 tests)
Staff live, work, and eat on-site and room/board are included. You'll have a private cabin next to the camp Health Center.
This summer we have six sessions of camp.
- Session 1 - June 19 - 25
- Session 2 - July 12 - 17
- Session 3 - July 18 - 24
- Session 4 - July 25 - 31
- Session 5 - August 1 - 7
- Session 6 - August 8 - 14
The camp medic will be expected to work six days a week for sessions two through six.