Camp Blue Bay located on Long Island in East Hampton, New York, has been owned and operated by Girl Scouts of Nassau County (GSNC) as a summer camp since 1947. With its spacious 179 acres, beautiful beachfront on Gardiner’s Bay and scenic trails, Camp Blue Bay offers girls a variety of experiences.
Our enthusiastic and well trained staff provides a supportive environment, where girls have an opportunity to grow. Girls who participate in summer camp are offered leadership opportunities and get a sense of community, while enjoying the great outdoors.
Join us this summer at Camp Blue Bay!
Title: RESIDENT CAMP COUNSELOR
Reports to: Unit Leader
Summary of Position: To lead and guide campers, and to assist with program at resident camp.
- Works with the Unit Leader in planning and carrying out unit plans and activities.
- Works with the girls in teaching skills, learning to live in the out-of-doors, and guides them as they learn to live and work together.
- Assists with the supervision of campers in all aspects of camp life, sharing duties such as:
- waking the campers up and getting them ready for the day
- seeing that the camper tents are neat and organized
- giving assistance with hair combing, showering, letter writing, as needed
- enforcing safety rules
- sitting with a table of campers in the dining hall
- getting campers settled at bedtime
- supervising campers while they do housekeeping tasks
- assisting campers who are homesick or having difficulty getting along
- Assists program staff at activities and all camp events.
- Assumes other duties as delegated.