Seeking an energetic, and experienced food service professional to lead our front-of-house staff and manage our camp dining room, serving approx. 500 people, 3 times a day, and other foodservice events.
Essential Job Functions:
Manage the daily operations of the camp dining room including coordinating activities between the FOH and BOH staff
- Liaise daily with the Chef, Food Service, and Leadership teams to know and understand the meals being served and the related dining service needs.
- Set up and break down of dining hall for each meal.
- Arrange proper seating facilities keeping in mind all rules and regulations concerning safety, fire, and health concerns.
- Organize the feeding of all personnel in such a manner as to expedite the efficiency of operation and to avoid delays.
- Be present on the floor and assist within the team to ensure the efficiency of the service, leading by example.
- Multi-task day-to-day operations of the dining hall and understand operations for the BOH team and assist where needed; assigning additional tasks to the front of house staff.
- Work closely with the Special Events Coordinator to coordinate the specifics of food service for special events in or outside of the dining room.
- Adhere to and enforce standards set forth by the Dept of Health, and the American Camping Association (ACA) regarding food preparation, serving, and storage.
Oversee the maintenance, and sanitation of the dining room equipment and furnishings
- Maintain kitchen and dining facilities with a high standard of cleanliness, sanitation, and safety
- Report any maintenance issues to the facilities caretaker
- Adhere to on-site practices regarding waste, reusing items, and recycle as much as possible.
- Inventory and refill any materials needed in the operation of the dining room.
- Ensure proper attire and hygiene policies are adhered to by all foodservice staff.
- Adhere to all camp policies and guidelines.
Manage, lead and support a large team of up to 25 staff
- Be positive and experienced in all aspects of leadership with a “can do” attitude.
- Oversee and conduct on-the-job training for food service staff.
- Create work and time off schedules and assign tasks.
- Ensure food service staff wear appropriate.
- Be able to problem solve and delegate.
- Develop and motivate the team to maintain high standards providing continued support and training.
- Evaluate, and conduct performance reviews.
- Create a safe and positive working environment.
- Facilitate staff meetings and attend all-staff and in-service training during the summer.
- Competitive salary (tuition credit option avail).
- Travel Stipend.
- Room and board.
- On-site laundry service.
- Comfortable accommodations.
- Staff Lounge with Wi-Fi access.
- Post-camp employment option.
- Opportunity to be part of a great camp community.
Reports to: Operations Director