Day Camp Extended Care Program Leader
Looking to make a difference and spending your summer making lifelong memories and friendships? If your answer is YES, Girl Scouts San Diego has an amazing summer opportunity for you.
As vital members of the day camp team, Extended Care Program Leaders deliver educational activities and age-appropriate programs to campers in the morning and afternoon extended care program.
- Provide high quality childcare in the mornings before camp begins and in the afternoons after camp ends
- Deliver and implement program activities including team building games and arts and crafts, ensuring adherence to all policies, procedures, and safety standards
- Collect and maintain extended care program attendance and other records
- Setup and maintain clean and safe program areas
- Maintain supplies, equipment, and materials inventory list; submit requests to replenish program supplies or equipment, as needed
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships and communication with campers, parents, volunteers, and staff
- Coordinate communication between parents, camp staff, volunteers, and camp directors as questions and issues arise
- Assist with the efficient operation of camp, including assisting in other areas or programs when needed. Take photos of campers and staff, ad directed by Day Camp Director
- Provide program feedback, recommendations, and evaluation of program to assist in program efficiency and effectiveness
- Perform other duties, as assigned
What’s in it for you:
- Make a difference in the lives of girls that will last for a lifetime
- Opportunity to share your passion and enjoy being out in nature
- Build lifelong friendships with the camp team
- Become the coolest and most influential person in the campers’ lives
- Gain problem solving, team building, communication, and mentoring skills
$15.00 - $17.00 per hour
This is a temporary seasonal employment opportunity.
• Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.