Camp Blue Bay located on Long Island in East Hampton, New York, has been owned and operated by Girl Scouts of Nassau County (GSNC) as a summer camp since 1947. With its spacious 179 acres, beautiful beachfront on Gardiner’s Bay and scenic trails, Camp Blue Bay offers girls a variety of experiences.
Our enthusiastic and well trained staff provides a supportive environment, where girls have an opportunity to grow. Girls who participate in summer camp are offered leadership opportunities and get a sense of community, while enjoying the great outdoors.
We are looking for a Resident Camp Activity Assistant (Lifeguard) to instruct in the areas of specialty - including waterfront and to assist with other programs at resident camp. Programs may be conducted both in person and virtually.
· Develop program in area(s) of specialty.
· Instruct in area(s) of specialty, guiding campers and helping them learn.
· Maintain necessary equipment.
· Assist in planning, organizing, and carrying out interest groups and all-camp events.
· Assist in unit and other program areas as needed.
· Accepts responsibility for other program areas as needed.
· Carries out evening responsibilities as delegated by admin team.