The Sports and Games Specialist will develop and deliver sport and game activities that are safe, fun, and appropriate to the campers’ age and abilities. Assist in the management to the physical operation of the sports and games equipment and facilities.
Essential Job Functions:
• Develop and deliver sports and game programming that is appropriate for the age and ability of the campers
• Train other staff in their responsibilities when at sports and games programming activities.
• Ensure campers and staff follow safety procedures.
• Maintain the sports and games equipment and conduct a daily check of the area and equipment for safety, cleanliness, and good repair.
Other Job Duties:
• Participate enthusiastically in all camp activities, planning and leading those as assigned.
• Participate as a member of the programming staff team to deliver and supervise daily programming, evening programs, special events, overnights, and other all-camp activities and camp functions.
• Assist in the planning of any special events, especially in the areas of sports and games.
• Abide by all camp policies and procedures.
• Communicate and interact effectively with fellow staff members, administrative staff and campers, regardless of ability, race, creed, national origin, sexual identification or gender.
• Assist with various other camp duties as assigned by Directors.