Are you ready to get outside? Are you courageous enough to lead others to be adventurous? Looking to make a difference and spending your summer making lifelong memories and friendships? If your answer is YES, Girl Scouts San Diego has an amazing summer opportunity for you.
Camp locations…a place for everyone!
Camp Winacka - A traditional rustic camp with spectacular views. The camp features a pool, miles of hiking trails, green building including a new environmental center and two lakes. Campers choose from programs focusing on aquatics, horses, arts and adventure. Campers and staff sleep in open-air cabins with built-in bunk beds, in platform tents with bunk beds or on cots under the stars.
Camp Whispering Oaks - Features a sports field and basketball court tucked amongst oak and pine trees, unique stargazing venues, abundant wildlife and a small, close-knit camp community. Campers choose from programs focusing on science and space, outdoor skills, sports, theater and the arts. Campers and staff sleep in fully enclosed indoor cabins with electricity and paved, lighted pathways winding through native manzanita, oak and pine trees.
As a summer Resident Camp Counselor, you will provide a blend of leadership, instruction, mentorship and inspiration to campers while guiding them and sharing the joys and adventure of summer camp and program activities, including:
- Providing direction, supervision, organization and guiding the experience and activities of a unit of campers, in their living unit and throughout camp
- Leading, planning and assisting with the teaching of camp activities and programs
- Living with and providing support and care to your assigned unit of campers during the day and overnight
- Maintaining high standards of health and safety in all activities for campers and staff, and assisting with sanitation and disinfecting protocols
- Monitoring equipment and facilities to ensure utilization, proper care and maintenance is adhered to; reports repairs needed promptly to camp director
- Maintaining clear and positive written and verbal communication with campers, staff, parents and volunteers
- Adhering to all council and ACA policies and procedures
- Being flexible to perform other duties, as assigned
What’s in it for you:
- Make a difference in the lives of campers that will last for a lifetime
- Opportunity to share your passion and enjoy camp
- Build your own lifelong friendships with the camp team
- Become the coolest and most influential person in the campers’ lives
- Build your problem solving, team building, leadership, communication, and mentoring skills
- Being in the outdoors in the beautiful Julian, CA mountains
Internship credit may be available (Universities may provide college credit working at Camp)
Compensation: $84.00 - $95.00 daily rate. Includes Room and board and meals.
This is a temporary seasonal employment opportunity.
* Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.