Day Camp Program Coordinator
Girl Scouts San Diego Summer Day Camps provide girls an opportunity to enjoy all the fun and adventure of camp without spending the night.
The Day Camp Program Coordinator develops and delivers camp activities that are safe, fun and appropriate to campers’ age and abilities. The Program Coordinator will assist the Camp Director by giving direction and guidance to day camp staff and volunteers.
- Assume role of site director in director’s absence, as assigned
- Assist the site director in implementing camp programs, pre-camp training, planning, and preparation
- Supervise unit kapers (chores) and care of equipment and supplies
- Supervise safety and sanitation throughout camp
- Develop and delivers program for the age and ability of the campers: teaches different activities that fit progression and age appropriateness
- Plan, prepare, and teach arts and crafts activities using different art mediums
- Develop and deliver a nature education and environmental program that is appropriate for the age and ability of the campers and uses the camp’s natural environment
- Lead teambuilding and challenge course activities in a safe and supportive environment
- Instruct campers in outdoor cooking techniques and ensures proper food safety and food handling during outdoor cooking activities
- Ensure campers and staff understand and follow safety and educational procedures in challenge course and sports area
- Perform other duties, as assigned
What’s in it for you:
- Make a difference in the lives of girls that will last for a lifetime
- Opportunity to share your passion and enjoy being out in nature
- Build lifelong friendships with the camp team
- Become the coolest and most influential person in the campers’ lives
- Gain problem solving, team building, communication, and mentoring skills
$107.00 - $114.00 daily rate.
This is a temporary seasonal employment opportunity.
• Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.