As a team member of the Business Services team, you represent the Girl Scouts of Utah and must abide by the Girl Scout purpose and Law. In this position, you will have the opportunity to interact and provide insight on the girl scout experience/journey.
- Retail Sales Associate will support the day to day of the retail operations, Trading Post (store at camp locations), and Mobile PoPuP Shop as scheduled.
- Provide excellent customer service to all volunteers, troop leaders, girls and their families, staff members and visitors.
- Responsible for opening and/or closing the store and securing GSU building at the end of the work day.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks in a fast paced environment
- Process customer transactions using the POS system, actively engage in conversation to make sure we are meeting the needs of the customer. Follow GSU cash handling procedures.
- Receive and process freight via USPS, UPS and/or FedEx. Inventory all items on packaging slip(s) and report any discrepancies to Senior Director of Finance.
- Assist Senior Sales Associate with placing product on the sales floor, pricing, signage and other merchandising directives and strategies by GSUSA.
- Participate in daily, weekly and annual inventory practices to ensure proper accounting and re-ordering of products as needed.
- Serve as the face and voice of Girl Scouts by providing front-line external customer service:
- Serve as the first point of contact for inquiries via phone, email, web, or in person.
- Provide high quality customer service to volunteers, girls, customers, community members, and staff members. Answer all incoming telephone lines and emails in a friendly and courteous manner. Solve customer concerns wherever possible and direct calls to appropriate staff members as needed.
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency and concern in resolving customer challenges.
- Respond to customer inquiries (email voicemail) within in 2 hours of receipt.
- Enter memberships and registrations into Volunteer Systems efficiently and accurately.
- Support internal business processes and provide internal customer service
- Enter and maintain accurate data and records related to membership, program, adult learning and camp registrations. Check forms for accuracy and make necessary corrections as needed.
- Schedule and maintain room reservations by staff, volunteers, and outside organizations
- Perform clerical and administrative office duties as assigned, These may include, but are not limited to data entry, filing, copying, binding, laminating, mailing or other organizational duties.
- Job duties may be subject to change pursuant to the activities of the department and the organization as a whole. Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum one year face to face customer service experience.
- Must be computer proficient in Microsoft office. Experience with Salesforce is preferred. .
- Outstanding customer service skills while working with a variety of people. Excellent oral communication skills with the ability to speak clearly in person and over the telephone. Ability to draft business related email communications.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to multi-task, and demonstrated ability to handle high-volume tasks with accuracy.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, spreadsheets, databases, email and internet applications.
- Experience with mulita-line telephone system preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality with work-related information.
- Ability to sit at a work station and view a computer screen for up to 2 hours at a time.
- Work times may vary depending on work load and time of the year; occasional evenings and weekends will be required.
- Must be qualified to drive a council-owned vehicle (21 years old, clean driving record) and/or reliable transportation as you will be expected drive to post office and bank on occasion.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.