We are looking for a reliable individual to join our team at SOAR365. This is a great opportunity for a motivated and hardworking person that truly takes pride in their work. If you feel that you are the right one for the job and meet the qualifications, please apply today. We look forward to meeting you!
A little about us:
We are SOAR365! Our programs and services have always been designed for individuals and families who are coping with the daily real-world challenges of living with a disability. To that end, we've continually added more ambitious and thoughtful programs over the past 65 years. And, today our services have a profound impact on more than 1,300 people and their families.
A Day in the Life of:
As a member of our team, you will provide oversight of medication management for all the programs within SOAR365. This includes Day Support, Children & Youth, Summer Camp, and Respite. Your people skills will come in handy and will help you to maintain fantastic professional relationships with your fellow team members and those that we serve. You will come to know the great people that make us who we are as a business and who keep our reputation alive. You will be a part of something great here at SOAR365 and you will enjoy what you do and with whom you do it.
Benefits and pay range:
- A competitive salary
- We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, sick and vacation leave, medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability benefits, flexible spending account, 403(b) +match, life insurance, wellness programs, and discounted college tuition, to name a few.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Follows all licensing guidelines for Medication Administration
- Creates agency guidelines for policies and procedures for Medication Administration and Medication Administration Records along with Compliance.
- Trains supervisors and medication certified staff in policies and procedures around medication administration
- Reviews consumers physician orders and discuss with staff and case managers
- Reviews all medical related incidents for all programs
- Evaluates the programs areas of risk and works to reduce medical and incident risk
- Monitors Medication Administration Records, audits Medication Administration Records and works with support staff to correct issues when noticed.
- Keeps abreast of CDC Guidelines for COVID 19 and other infectious diseases is followed. Research best practices.
- Researches best practices in medical care for people with disabilities. Share knowledge with department and asset in planning to address needs.
- Hires and oversees camp nursing staff
- Meets all state licensing/VA DBHDS, VA Board of Nursing, and other applicable standards and maintains the paperwork each of those requires.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Certified RN who meets all qualifications of the American Camp Association (ACA)
- At least 5 years' experience as an RN
- Experience with Medicaid Waiver programs and individuals with disabilities
- Medication Administration Tech Trainer- or ability to obtain training certification
- CPR/First Aid Trainer- or ability to become certified.
- CPR /First Aid AED TOVA Certified
To apply for this position, a completed SOAR365 application is required.
EO/AA Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
If you need reasonable accommodation when you apply for a position on our website, please contact us at (804) 358-1874 and ask for human resources.
SOAR365 employees benefit from working for a rehabilitative non-profit agency that specializes in providing employment opportunities for people with disabilities.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.