Apply to join our team today at campsummittx.campbrainstaff.com
Camp Summit is a residential or “sleep away” camp for children and adults with disabilities (ages 6-99). During weeklong camp sessions, campers are offered a wide variety of traditional camp activities in our barrier-free environment including swimming, archery, ropes course, arts & crafts, sports & games, and more! Many of our staff are college students pursuing fields of human interest, education, special education, special needs, etc. Staff members live in the cabins with the campers during their one-week stay. This is a unique leadership position ideal for those interested in all aspects of camp. Rovers are self-starters, flexible, adaptable, and take initiative.
- This position is not assigned to a single group for they are cross-trained to act as an aid in every activity and across the cabins. “Other duties as assigned,” is a huge part of this role and rovers may interact with all campers around camp.
- Counselor relief, assisting with behavior management, and helping with daily care of campers is expected.
- This position does not have staff supervisory responsibilities and is a great opportunity for someone who is looking to grow into a leadership position at camp.
- The experience of a lifetime!
- Weekly pay rate of $365
- Communal housing
- Meals prepared for you on work days
- Up to 6 days paid time off for summer season
- Staff only swag
- Free onsite laundry
- Wifi access
- Resume basics workshop including how to share your camp experience