The Staff Life Unit Leader provides support to all the seasonal staff at Camp Echo throughout their time living on-site in the summer. The Staff Life Unit Leader will assist in creating proactive self-care plans to help staff thrive throughout the summer and eliminate burnout. The Staff Life Unit Leader will also be responsible for overseeing the communal staff spaces to ensure that staff can rejuvenate and refresh.
· Works with Site and Activities Coordinator to implement wellness and self-care into Staff Training.
· Responsible for supporting the emotional, physical, and spiritual wellbeing of staff.
· Assist staff with managing life and stress while living on-site at camp.
· Aides staff in developing self-care plans, including time off.
· Serve as an ally to staff, listening to the emotional and social challenges of life at camp while also working towards solutions.
· Oversees communal staff spaces (such as the staff lounge), including maintaining cleanliness and promoting culture of wellbeing.
· Supports staff during off-time between sessions by coordinating transportation into town and arranging for on-site fun for staff that stay at camp. Staff Life Unit Leader will have equivalent off-time while camp is in session
· Responsible for staff transportation during scheduled nights off and layovers.
· Refers staff to appropriate resources as needed, including Unit Leaders for job related concerns and the Wellness Team for mental and physical health.
· Coordinates with Program Staff to create fun and engaging staff programming and use of camp activity.
· Collaborate with Wellness Manager surveying staff to track wellness over the course of the summer.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF ALL ECHO STAFF:
· Models, teaches, and upholds the Camp Echo Code of Conduct and protects the well-being of all campers.
· Aids in the development and education of Leadership program participants.
· Maintains positive relationships with campers, parents and other staff.
· Encourages physical, emotional and spiritual growth and positive character development in all campers.
· Practices cultural humility, striving to actively learn about and be sensitive to cultures different than their own.
· Maintains the cleanliness of the living space (and office space) to which they are assigned.
· Cares for and maintains any program equipment, supplies and spaces they use including activity areas (and keeping track of keys) and any shared spaces like the Costume Closet and Staff Wellness Space.
· Handles whatever else is necessary to ensure that programs runs smoothly and safely, or is deemed necessary by the Camp Director.
· May be scheduled to work in-between sessions on at least one occasion to support the transition between groups.