As an Adventure Course Facilitator, you will be critical to the success of the summer as part of the leadership team and a resource for campers and counselors on the Albert C. Hanna Adventure Course at camp. In this role you will supervise and guide campers and counselors through progressive teambuilding, low challenge course activities, and high adventure course activities.
Adventure Course Facilitator Responsibilities:
- Provide fun, positive and active leadership to campers
- Help build a supportive environment where campers can grow, make new friends, and try new things
- Role model problem-solving, collaboration, and initiative to campers
- Develop, supervise, and deliver facilitation of on-site and off-site programs involving outdoor skills, backcountry knowledge, and adventure-based activities with campers and staff through the use of girl planning and Girl Scout program guidelines
- Oversee campers and staff during group activities, meals, and transitions to and from scheduled events
- Responsible for planning, teaching, coordinating, and carrying out low and high adventure course activities
- Teach and monitor proper use of climbing tower, zip line, high ropes course elements, and low ropes challenge course elements and all equipment
- Ensure that camp staff and campers know and follow safety and educational procedures
- Assist in conducting daily check of adventure course areas and equipment for safety, cleanliness, and good condition
- Assist in maintaining records of equipment in the adventure course equipment log daily, indicating any repairs, and retiring equipment promptly
- Assist with initial and end-of-season inventory
- Maintain responsibility for the overall well-being of campers throughout their camp experience
- Other duties as assigned
Camp Staff Benefits:
The nitty-gritties: This is a paid summer camp position with optional room and board (yes that’s right you can live on camp and get all your food provided for free!). In exchange for your commitment to an exciting and action-packed summer, you will receive free First Aid and CPR certifications and a rocking camp staff shirt!
The real perks & career benefits: At camp you will quickly discover that the more you put into the experience, the more rewarding it will be. During the summer develop your outdoor skills and leadership in a unique environment separate from the pressures of your typical everyday routine. Throughout staff training and every day rigors at camp, you will experience countless opportunities to be challenged and held to higher standard. These experiences and challenges will help build your resume with universal skills and experiences. You will be a valuable member of this camp community, where your voice will be heard and you will receive the support you need to have a fun and successful summer.