As camp’s Assistant Director you will be critical to the success of the summer supporting the leadership team, staff, and campers with exceptional leadership, role modeling, and problem solving.
Assistant Director Responsibilities:
- Provide fun, positive and active leadership to campers and staff
- Help build a supportive environment where campers can grow, make new friends & try new things
- Role model problem-solving, collaboration, and initiative to campers and staff
- Assisting the camp director in the planning, organization and implementation of camp activities
- Assist in the supervision, monitoring, and participate in all aspects of camp
- Assist in the care of camp equipment and in maintaining a clean camp environment
- Take lead as part of the leadership team in training, supervising, and supporting camp staff
- Oversee campers and staff during group activities, meals, and transitions to and from scheduled events
- Ensure that camp staff and campers know and follow safety and educational procedures
- Assist with management and care of program supplies and spaces, including specialty equipment
- Assume responsibility for the physical health, safety and mental welfare of the campers and staff
- Other duties as assigned
Camp Staff Benefits:
The nitty-gritties: This is a paid summer camp position which includes room and board (yes that’s right you will live on camp and get all your food provided for free!). In exchange for your commitment to an exciting and action-packed summer, you will receive free First Aid and CPR certifications and a rocking camp staff shirt! Better yet, we will provide you 24 hours each week to recharge your battery in addition to scheduled daily breaks.
The real perks & career benefits: At camp you will quickly discover that the more you put into the experience, the more rewarding it will be. During the summer develop your outdoor skills and leadership in a unique environment separate from the pressures of your typical everyday routine. Throughout staff training and every day rigors at camp, you will experience countless opportunities to be challenged and held to higher standard. These experiences and challenges will help build your resume with universal skills and experiences. You will be a valuable member of this camp community, where your voice will be heard and you will receive the support you need to have a fun and successful summer.