As a camp lifeguard you will be critical to the success of the summer with the responsibility of supervising campers and staff in camp’s aquatic activities (pool, pond, creek and/or lakefront). In this role you will supervise and guide campers through progressive learning experiences and water-based program activities.
- Provide fun, positive, and active leadership to campers
- Help build a supportive environment where campers can grow, make new friends, and try new things
- Role model problem-solving, collaboration, and initiative to campers and other staff
- Supervise and guard all aquatics activities, utilizing certifications, and emergency management as needed
- Provide quality water-based programming and lessons
- Act as instructor for boating programs such as canoeing, kayaking, and/or sailing
- Oversee campers during group activities, meals, and transitions to and from scheduled events
- Maintain responsibility for aquatics facilities, shower house, and equipment in regard to condition, readiness, and cleanliness
- Assist with other camp programs when aquatics areas are closed
- Other duties as assigned
Camp Staff Benefits:
The nitty-gritties: This is a paid summer camp position with optional room and board (yes that’s right you can live on camp and get all your food provided for free!). In exchange for your commitment to an exciting and action-packed summer, you will receive free First Aid and CPR certifications and a rocking camp staff shirt!
The real perks & career benefits: At camp you will quickly discover that the more you put into the experience, the more rewarding it will be. During the summer develop your outdoor skills and leadership in a unique environment separate from the pressures of your typical everyday routine. Throughout staff training and every day rigors at camp, you will experience countless opportunities to be challenged and held to higher standard. These experiences and challenges will help build your resume with universal skills and experiences.