Looking for a summer job that makes a difference, join our 2022 camp staff today! Our resident camp is a place where energetic and passionate staff come together to provide a safe and positive learning environment for girls ages 6-17. At Girl Scouts of GCNWI camps we have a wide variety of opportunities for you. Campers and staff alike spend the summer living outdoors, trying new activities, gaining independence, and building long-lasting relationships.
As a Program Leader you will be critical to the success of the summer as part of the leadership team and the first-line resource for problem solving for campers and counselors. In this role you will supervise and guide campers and counselors through progressive learning experiences in an assigned specialty area and live on site in a camper unit.
Our summer season runs from early June through mid-August, including staff training and excluding our fourth of July break. Our resident camp staff work from 11 a.m. Sunday morning until 10 p.m. Friday evening every week.
The nitty-gritties: Paid summer camp position with 24 hours off each week and breaks every day. Includes room and board (yes that’s right you will live on camp and get all your food provided for free!), First Aid & CPR certifications, and a rocking camp staff shirt!
The real perks & career benefits: At camp you will quickly discover that the more you put into the experience, the more rewarding it will be. Develop your outdoor skills and leadership to help build your resume away from the pressures of your typical everyday routine. You will be a valuable member of this camp community, where your voice will be heard and you will receive the support you need to have a fun and successful summer.
Pay range: $680-720/week; dependent on qualifications and experience
Program Leader Responsibilities:
- Provide fun, positive and active leadership to campers
- Help build a supportive environment where campers can grow, make new friends, and try new things
- Role model problem-solving, collaboration, and initiative to campers and other staff
- Develop, supervise, and deliver facilitation of programs in an assigned specialty area with campers and staff through the use of girl planning and Girl Scout program guidelines.
- Oversee campers and staff during group activities, meals, and transitions to and from scheduled events
- Provide quality outdoor programs that may include arts and crafts, nature study, theater, traditional and non-traditional sports, water activities, and much, much more
- Ensure that camp staff and campers know and follow safety and educational procedures
- Assist with management and care of program supplies and spaces, including specialty equipment
- Assist in the care of camp equipment and in maintaining a clean camp environment
- Maintain responsibility for the overall well-being of campers throughout their camp experience
- Other duties as assigned
Apply today to join our summer camp team! (Your future self will thank you!)