Camp Blue Bay located on Long Island in East Hampton, New York, has been owned and operated by Girl Scouts of Nassau County (GSNC) as a summer camp since 1947. With its spacious 179 acres, beautiful beachfront on Gardiner’s Bay and scenic trails, Camp Blue Bay offers girls a variety of experiences.
Our enthusiastic and well trained staff provides a supportive environment, where girls have an opportunity to grow. Girls who participate in summer camp are offered leadership opportunities and get a sense of community, while enjoying the great outdoors.
Join us this summer at Camp Blue Bay!
Summary of Position: To supervise unit staff and campers at resident camp.
- Knows the campers in the unit and assists them in learning to respect the rights of others and understand differences and similarities of others.
- Supervises activities and experiences in the unit through the use of group government, girl/adult planning, and the Girl Scout program.
- Coordinates unit activities.
- Supervises the unit staff – delegates jobs, guides them in work, arranges schedules for time off.
- Supervises unit housekeeping, sanitation, care of supplies, and equipment.
- Responsible for the safety of the campers and staff.
- Acts as hostess for the unit.
- Keeps records and makes reports as required.
- Oversees the health and safety of campers and staff – trying to prevent illness, accidents and homesickness where possible.
- Attends Unit Leader meetings, holds regular unit staff meetings.
- Keeps the Camp Director informed of any unit problems.