1. Attend and participate in all camp programs and spiritual activities.
2. Maintain standard of cleanliness in personal grooming and in living quarters.
3. Assist with the clean-up of the total camp at the end of each session and at the conclusion of the summer.
4. Assist with other duties as needed.
Safety and Supervision
1. Assume responsibility for the supervision and direction of a group of 8-12 campers.
2. Enforce camp policies and procedures
3. Maintain the utmost level of safety for staff and campers at all times.
4. Ensure compliance with American Camping Association standards of safety and programmatic conduct at all times.
5. Coordinate and implement all program components relative to the daily schedule in a timely fashion.
1. Provide daily care and guidance through all program components for assigned camper group.
2. Conduct an Initial Cabin Meeting as instructed on the first day of each camp session. Fill out and turn in any required paperwork for this as instructed.
3. Provide proper supervision for assigned camper group during all meal times.
4. Provide proper directions and supervision for the daily clean-up of the cabin living area.
5. When assigned to Day Camp use extra time on Mondays and Fridays for Christian Education opportunities. Tuesday-Thursday try to find time in the schedule to debrief chapels.
6. When assigned to overnight camp conduct group devotions for assigned camper group every evening prior to bed time. Devotions should be planned out, quality and not hurried. Plan to spend some time with your campers talking afterward as they go to sleep.
7. Accompany assigned camper group to all camp activities that are planned for their involvement.
8. Complete any required forms as may be related to camper or program evaluation, or health documentation.
9. Complete the daily entries required in the Camper Log book as needed throughout the day. Submit them for periodic review as required. Turn them in at the end of each week.
10. When assigned to overnight camp attend Weekly Camp Out.
11. Teach and model appropriate counseling techniques to Junior Counselors.
12. Assist in conducting all camp program activities as needed.
13. When assigned to Day Camp you will normally be off-duty after campfire. However, if there is a need for help you must plan to be available up until curfew.
14. Day Camp staff will be on duty until after dinner on Fridays. Please plan accordingly when assigned to Day Camp.